Are you considering becoming a contract, school-based speech and language pathologist? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Working as a speech and language pathologist in the schools is a rewarding and challenging job that can help you make a difference in the lives of children and their families. There are some challenging misconceptions about working contract therapy that we’re also trying hard to shed light on. Hopefully talking about some of the topics below can be a catalyst to changing the conversation.
- Summer Vacation: Having the whole summer off is a game changer. Ever heard of burn out? We hear it all the time from SLP’s who are switching from the hospital setting to schools. Simply put, you just can’t beat the time off. This is especially helpful if you have a family and need a similar schedule to your children. It really makes life more convenient.
- No additional school-type responsibilities: As a contract therapist with Comprehensive Therapy Consultants, you’re paid to be at school to do the most important part of your job–therapy. You’re paid hourly, and those types of responsibilities fall outside the realm of your job description.
- The Company Benefits: Individuals that believe the benefits aren’t as good with contract companies need to chat with us. We offer excellent benefits. Medical, dental, vision, short term life insurance, mentorships, professional liability insurance, PTO, 401K, and more.
- Retirement Options: You’ve also probably heard that retirement options aren’t as good as the school system. Think again. Our 401K match program is a high performing program that rivals any school system retirement. If you have questions, call us! We’d love to chat with you about our program.
- Travel opportunities: If you’re looking for an adventure, we can help with that. Florida beaches, beautiful Arizona desert, Tennessee mountains, big cities… where do want to spend your time outside of work? Unwinding from work in in a cool new place could be exciting. We’ve got contracts with school systems across the country! Tell us where you’d like to be and we can try to make that happen.
Take a look at our benefits page!
Are you ready to make the switch? contact us! Email us at email@example.com or call us at (770) 425-6661.